Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part VI

In this post I would continue to solve the challenges that is in the vulnerable application “diva”. In the end of the post you may find a document related to deploying / using of Jadx. Till now we have discussed about the following things: Android PlatformAndroid ArchitectureAndroid Application ArchitectureAndroid device virtualisationConnecting to the android device using android debug bridgeUsing shell … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part VI

Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part V

In this post I would continue to solve the challenges that is in the vulnerable application “diva”. In the end of the post you may find a document on how to install Burp's CA Certificate in an Android Device. Till now we have discussed about the following things: Android PlatformAndroid ArchitectureAndroid Application ArchitectureAndroid device virtualisationConnecting to the android device using android debug bridgeUsing … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part V

Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part IV

In this post I would continue to solve the challenges that is in the vulnerable application “diva”. In the end of the post you may find a document, which is capturing network packets. Till now we have discussed about the following things: Android PlatformAndroid ArchitectureAndroid Application ArchitectureAndroid device virtualisationConnecting to the android device using android debug bridgeUsing shell commands on … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part IV

Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part III

In this post I would continue to solve the challenges that is in the vulnerable application “diva”. Till now we have discussed about the following things: Android PlatformAndroid ArchitectureAndroid Application ArchitectureAndroid device virtualizationConnecting to the android device using android debug bridgeUsing shell commands on the deviceInstalling android application using adbKnowing about the process which is executed … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part III

Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part II

In this post I would continue to discuss about the testing of “diva” application. Till now we have discussed about: Android ArchitectureAndroid Application ArchitectureAndroid device virtualizationConnecting to the android device using android debug bridgeUsing shell commands on the deviceInstalling android application using adbKnowing about the process which is executed when we click to launch the application (diva)Getting the … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Part II

Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Walk-through

In this post I would be discussing about how to perform security testing on android application. And at the end of the post, a document is provided in which you would find the lab setup steps. Make a one-time donationChoose an amount$1.00$2.00$5.00Or enter a custom amount$——Your contribution is appreciated.Donate Before understanding the security testing of android application, you must have a good … Continue reading Damn Insecure and Vulnerable Application – Walk-through

Incident Response: Methodology and Case Study – Part III

As mentioned in the previous post, this post would be about dynamic analysis of the darkcomet with sysinternals. At the end of the post, you can download the attached file with the steps of how to share a folder (read-only) between host and the guest virtual machine. In this post we will continue with the analysis of darkcomet on windows 7 virtual machine. I hope you might have … Continue reading Incident Response: Methodology and Case Study – Part III

Incident Response: Methodology and Case Study – Part II

In this article, I will continue with the memory / malware analysis which have been started in the previous post. At the end of the post, you will be able to download a Volatility cheat sheet along with a document related to Sysinternals. Till now we found the following: A suspicious process, named “runddl32.exe”. When we checked for the path, it wasn’t in the System32 … Continue reading Incident Response: Methodology and Case Study – Part II